Mercer County Housing Authority provides helpful information for tenants receiving housing assistance, including contact information and policies, how to make a disability accommodation request, how to report income or household changes, and more.

Family Obligations

This document states the obligations of the participant under the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Any violation of a Family Obligation is grounds for termination of assistance.

Download Family Obligations

Income & Family Changes

All changes in income or changes in household members must be reported in writing within 10 business days. If this is not reported in writing, no change in rent will be made. You must call 724-342-4013 or 724-342-4014 to make an appointment to discuss your change.

Reviews & Inspections

Income and family composition are reviewed, at a minimum, once a year. Subsidized units are also inspected, at a minimum, once a year.


After your initial lease term expires, you are eligible to use your housing voucher for a different unit within Mercer County. You may also transfer your assistance to another county in Pennsylvania or any other state.

Accessibility Accommodations

Mercer County Housing Authority will provide reasonable accessibility accommodations upon request.


There are a number of circumstances under which your Housing Choice Voucher assistance could be terminated. You will find our policy on this under Policies and Procedures
Available Rentals

A list of rentals and landlords who accept Housing Choice vouchers is available to current tenants on the program. Please contact the Housing Choice Voucher department for a copy of available rentals.