The recently renovated Herbert Garster Homes development is on Union, Idaho and Market Street areas in Farrell. These 53 townhomes range from one, two, three, and even four bedroom units. With the Chavers Community Center right across the street kids will always have something to do. The property is also close to a public bus stop.
Waiting List is open
- One Bedroom—562 square feet
- Two Bedroom—900 square feet
- Three Bedroom—1,276 square feet
- Four Bedroom—1,494 square feet
- 5 accessible units
- One, two, three, four bedroom units
- Brick and vinyl sided, newly renovated
- Storage unit included
- Back patio area
- Oak kitchen cabinets
- Ample lighting and storage
- Ceramic tile
- Utility room with furnace and washer/dryer hookup in each unit
- Off street parking, conveniently located near unit entrances
- Close to the Chavers Center
- Refrigerate and stove provided
- Air conditioning
- Garbage, sewer, and extermination included with no additional charge
- 24 hour maintenance available for a small fee
TYPE OF HOUSING
All rents are subsidized and based on your total household gross income. All our areas have income guidelines. Please contact MCHA for income limits.
HOW TO APPLY
Or apply in person Monday and Tuesday 10:00 am to 3:30 pm at the Main Office.
All applicants 18 and older must pass a credit, landlord and criminal check to be considered qualified for an apartment. Once the application has been approved, applicants are placed on a waiting list. The application process takes 4-6 weeks and applicants are placed on the list as the date they applied. When a unit becomes available, applications are pulled by the date of placement on list.
It is recommended that applicants bring in or mail a copy their social security card, birth certificate and verification of income for everyone in the household. These items are required for move in and by turning them in ahead of time will speed up the move-in process. Applicants have three days to claim the apartment when their name comes up on the waitlist.