Located off Lamor/N. Kell Ridge Road on Village Path, the Carol S. Gurrera Village consists of two areas. The first is an apartment building with 40 units, 24 one bedroom units and 16 two bedroom. Five of these units are accessible to persons with mobility impairments. The second set consists of 5 one story buildings; there are 12 one bedroom units and 8 two bedroom units. 2 of these units are accessible to persons with mobility impairments. Residents can enjoy the central village green is a large attractive open lawn with sidewalks or the private railed sitting porch for some fresh air.
Waiting List is open
1 Bedroom is 704 square feet
2 Bedroom is 905 square feet
- 6 accessible units
- Community room with small kitchenette, library, computers & work out machines
- Outdoor sitting porch with grill
- Walking trails
- Gazebo sitting area
- The exteriors are wood frames with vinyl and full view storm doors with stone siding and brick front finishes.
- Oak kitchen cabinets
- Ample lighting and storage
- Vinyl Flooring
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Washer dryer hook-ups in house units
- Refrigerate and stove provided
- Air conditioning
- Off street parking close to units
- Garbage, water, sewer, and extermination included with no additional charge
- 24 hour maintenance available for a small fee
TYPE OF HOUSING
Senior Tax Credit
Must be 55 or over. All rents are based on various percentages of the local median income. All our areas have income guidelines. Please contact MCHA for income limits.
HOW TO APPLY
Or apply in person Monday and Tuesday 10:00 am to 3:30 pm at the Main Office.
All applicants 18 and older must pass a credit, landlord and criminal check to be considered qualified for an apartment. Once the application has been approved, applicants are placed on a waiting list. The application process takes 4-6 weeks and applicants are placed on the list as the date they applied. When a unit becomes available, applications are pulled by the date of placement on list.
It is recommended that applicants bring in or mail a copy their social security card, birth certificate and verification of income for everyone in the household. These items are required for move in and by turning them in ahead of time will speed up the move-in process. Applicants have three days to claim the apartment when their name comes up on the waitlist.